The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store productivity goals. They help the Store Manager to analyze week to date, period to date, and year to date sales, and develop action plans to drive top line sales.
* Achieve the sales targets for the store
* Monitor and control expenses (overtime, local, stock and consumables) through efficient store operations
* Interpret and act on operational profit and sales reports generated and focus on improving under-performing areas
* Monitor sales performance against last year, last week and budget on a daily and weekly basis and to give feedback to managers and to communicate to staff.
* Ensure accurate stock merchandise and management (stock ageing, stock loss, space management) within the store as per company norms
* Oversee and monitor all point of sales activities in the store which includes – sales transactions, tracking customer orders and payments, registering sale and maintaining inventory updates, providing service, handling returns and refunds, gathering consumer data for feedback
* Oversee cash transaction entry and management (petty cash, pos cash elements, change floats)
* Regularly audit own store administration and inform the management in case of discrepancy
* Develop an understanding of commercial environment, local trading patterns, competitor activity and market trends in the retail sector and their impact on store.
* Ensure highest standards of visual appearance throughout the store including all non-retail areas
* Prepare and review store reports on sales, commercial profit and stock ageing (slow moving, fast moving and non-moving items)
* Effective resource planning for customer service
* Ensure customer needs are met and complaints/queries are resolved in a timely manner
* Support in providing mystery shopping feedback and prepare action plan for improvement
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Specialist Training Graduate/ Post-graduate degree in Business Administration with specialization in Marketing
English – Mandatory
Arabic – Beginner / intermediate
Specific / Relevant Experience 3-5 years in retail industry heading one complete section/department
Basic MS office, Excel and PPT
* Result orientation
* Teamwork & collaboration
* Report writing skills and leadership skills.
* Customer service orientation
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria