Louis Berger Services is currenty looking for a qualified Air Freight Manager to fill a full-time position at our ATGHS contract in Kuwait.
The ideal candidate will perform all tasks associated with the safe and correct operation of the Air Terminal as directed by management, regulations, policies, Instructions and the Performance Work Statement.
1. Aircraft Services Manager acts as Alternate Station Manager when required.
2. Responsible for all aspects of the safe and correct operation of Aircraft Services.
3. Ensure safe loading and unloading of cargo and baggage on and off government owned or contracted aircraft, surface conveyances, and commercial pallet dollies IAW AFI24-605, Volumes and other applicable instructions.
4. Ensure all Aircraft Services employees are trained.
5. Periodically evaluate employees based on established timelines.
6. Formally document training in the employee training records.
7. Decertify all employees that fail evaluations and provide refresher training.
8. Ensure proper validation, selection, staging and upload aircraft loads utilizing the load plan.
9. Ensure proper section to facilitate onward movement of cargo/mail.
10. Ensure build-up / break-down baggage pallets, multi-pallet trains, loose cargo, and mixed pallets.
11. Monitors Offload / Upload baggage from AMC rotator missions and baggage trucks.
12. Ensure all workforce is properly trained to operate GATES / GDSS systems as required.
13. Responsible for section safety program.
14. Ensure all Cargo Processing, Special Handling, and Load Planning functions are accomplished in accordance with AFI24-605 Volumes, DTR 4500-9 Parts 2 and 3, and AFJMAN 24-204 and other applicable instructions.
15. Accurately complete / submit all Performance Work Statement (PWS) reports.
16. Monitors terminal inventories and joint inventory of special handling cargo procedures.
17. Ensure cargo is processed within six (6) hours of receipt or release from frustrated status.
18. Ensure timely pick-up / release of cargo and mail.
19. Monitors GATES reports to ensure data base integrity.
20. Test manual procedures and ensure employees are properly trained on manual procedures.
21. Ensure surface conveyances are safely and properly loaded.
22. Ensure maximum aircraft utilization based upon available airlift and existing port backlogs.
23. Ensure on-time aircraft departures.
24. Manage the Theater Express program.
25. Ensure all LBS controlled areas are clean and neat in appearance.
26. Properly park all vehicles per the published vehicle parking plan.
27. Establish and publish comprehensive work schedule.
28. Accomplish a daily attendance report and forward per directives.
29. Oversee the safe and correct operation of K-loaders, forklifts, buses, tugs, vans or other required vehicles safely, ensure daily inspection utilizing check lists and AFTO forms and ensure vehicles in need of repair or service are properly turned in to maintenance.
30. Perform Wing-Walker duties.
31. Perform supplemental duties in Aircraft Services or other work centers as required by the Station Manager.
Must have prior leadership experience in Air Terminal Ground Handling Services.
Must have computer skills and be able to operate a variety of computer programs. Must be detail oriented, motivated and drive to perform at a high level.
Must be able to comprehend English to include reading and writing.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
You will be required to maintain a valid passport.
You will be required to maintain NAC/Secret clearance.
The following are desirable skills for the position upon hire:
Great interpersonal skills.
Customer service oriented.
Excellent management and leadership skills.
Ability to multi-task
Receive emails for the latest jobs matching your search criteria